Your Guide To The Perfect Daytime Skincare Regimen
Here you are, you’ve got a bunch of great skincare products and you want to benefit from each one. You’ve read tons of advice on the internet about daytime routines, and talked it over with your friends. But, how should your daily skincare routine look? In what order should you be using each product?
We’re glad you asked.
Applying your skincare products in the proper order will ensure that you receive the full benefits of each product.
The skin’s job is to keep things out, but many of the skin care products we use have ingredients we want to get in. Only a very small amount of these key ingredients can penetrate the skin, even when perfectly formulated and perfectly applied. If you don’t apply products in the correct order, you will not see the best results from your skin care regimen.
- Cleanser. In the morning, start by splashing your face with warm water and then apply your favorite cleanser. You should also use a Toner, to simplify the process we recommend the Estala Toner Cleanser. It is both a toner and cleanser in one.
- Face Serum. Give your skin a burst of intense and lasting hydration in the morning with a quality Serum. This helps to replenish skin and retain moisture, while enhancing firmness and elasticity to restore a youthful glow.. We recommend the Estala Cell Repair Serum.
- Eye Cream. it’s vital to apply an eye cream at least every night, if not twice a day, starting in your 20s. It’s about maintaining the health and thickness of the eyelid skin. Improving the skin quality in this area early on ensures that the eyelid skin does not easily lose laxity and its smooth appearance later on. For best results, consistency is key. Regular use of eye cream over time will keep the eyelid skin elastic and can improve or prevent against some fine lines or collagen loss. Remember: Nothing is magic. Results don’t occur overnight. You can further protect the delicate skin around your eyes by choosing an eye cream with SPF or applying sunscreen every day. We also advise you to remember to wear sunglasses when outside to protect against UV-light damage and lines that can creep up around the corners of your eyes from squinting. Try the Estala Revitalizing Eye-Cream.
- Spot Treatment. Prescription medications and acne spot treatments, like serums, need to be applied as close to the skin as possible to maximize their benefits. As acne spot treatments differ in active ingredients, check your product packaging or consult your dermatologist for the best way to apply it. Prescription-strength benzoyl peroxide, a common acne spot treatment ingredient, has a one- to three-hour working time. Any cream that comes in contact with it before it has completed its work will likely inhibit the active ingredient from working properly. Remember that acne spot treatments can dry out your skin, so always apply only on spots where you need it. Try the Estala Acne Spot Cream. It uses benzoyl peroxide, providing fast and consistent results.
- Moisturizer. Yes, everyone needs a moisturizer, even if you have oily skin. Even though your body has its own natural lubricating system consisting of glands that secrete oil (or sebum) to maintain a protective coating against harsh outside conditions and infections, most of us do need extra hydration after the havoc that sun, weather and harsh chemicals wreak on our skin. Most experts recommend that the best time to apply a moisturizer is while the skin is still damp, so the sooner you go through applying your serum and treatment, the sooner you’re able to lock in much-needed hydration with your moisturizer. If you’re using an acne spot treatment, you may want to skip those areas when applying your moisturizer to make sure the ingredients in it won’t interfere with the active ingredients in your spot treatment.
- Sunscreen. Last but not least, this one sounds simple, but it is probably the most underused and overlooked product in the skincare world. You need to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. This will fight wrinkles, fine lines and aging.