Travel Skincare: Try This Spring Break Routine
Are you planning an epic vacation this spring? Whether you’re traveling just a few hours away or perhaps to a different country, your beauty routine will have to change. Travel can be stressful, so it’s important that you know how to keep up appearances while on the go.
Have no fear, because today we are going to cover the Top 8 Beauty Travel Hacks that will keep you looking and feeling your best for the whole trip. Remember these tips, and thank us later.
1. Moisturize: If you are going to be flying to your destination, it is vital that you apply an intense moisturizer the night before. This will help to increase the hydration of your skin, before you experience the dehydrating effects of cabin pressure on an airplane.
2. Mist with mineral water: To refresh makeup while traveling, never glob on more foundation or blush. Instead, use a mister of mineral water and add a dab of moisturize.
3. Skip the long-lasting lipstick. These can easily dehydrate your lips and mouth. Instead, apply several coats of lip stain, let dry and then apply clear gloss. Reapply the gloss as needed during your travels.
4. Cold-Compress your puffy eyes. Get some crushed ice from your hotel, wrap it in a towel and press it under your eyes. This will leave you feeling immediately refreshed and will reduce puffiness.
5. Stock up on eyedrops. During travel, we will often spend a long time staring at small screens or books. This can leave your eyes looking red and watery. To combat this, use eyedrops. They will soothe and lubricate your eyes. This can also help refresh you after a nap.
6. Take your cleanser. Many experts agree that if you had to take only one skincare item with you, it should be your cleanser. An abrupt change in cleansers during your trip could cause breakouts. Check out the Estala Revitalizing Toning Cleanser.
7. Don’t forget hand cream. Keep it in your bag, and use it often. This will prevent your hands from drying out due to the new environment and weather you’re experiencing. It can also help you after you’ve washed your hands with the harsh soaps found in most public bathrooms.
8. Remember that dry shampoo exists. Perhaps you’re traveling for work, or maybe you’re just short on time. Either way, dry shampoo could save you from having a bad hair day. Consider packing this just in case.
Armed with these 8 beauty travel hacks, you can enjoy your trip to the fullest without worrying about your skin and beauty routine too much.