Aging, it’s a thing. From the early 20’s onwards, our bodies gradually begin to age and break down. This is a slow process and completely natural. However, there are some things that you’re likely not doing (or doing) that could be making you age faster.
Here we will cover the Top 10 Uncommon Anti-Aging Tips.
- Say No To Straws. That’s right. Using a straw seems like it would have no effect. But over the years, you can cause wrinkles and fine lines around your mouth. Sipping through a straw accentuates those fine lines and wrinkles on your face.
- Avoid Smoking. Ignoring the cancer risks, the habit takes a major toll on your appearance, contributing to premature skin aging, wrinkles, stained teeth, and even increased psoriasis risk.
- Up Your Antioxidants. Vitamin E and B12 will work wonders on your skin. Add more fatty fish and poultry to your diet to get these naturally.
- Eat More Protein. It is recommended that most women have at least 50 grams of protein per day, more if you workout. As we age, losing muscle mass is natural. Eating more protein can slow that process. Additionally, a protein rich diet is essential for healthy looking hair.
- Sleep With Silk. Cotton and polyester tug at the delicate skin on your face, but silk and satin pillowcases are gentler, and can prevent you from waking up with creased cheeks. With a silk pillowcase, your skin slides on the pillow. Less friction can slow the development of fine lines over time.
- Prioritize Exercise. As if keeping your weight in check and preventing chronic health conditions wasn’t enough, frequent exercise can help you look and feel younger according to research. A recent study of older adults published in The Journal of Physiology discovered that more active participants functioned physiologically similar to younger adults. Your face will benefit from those sweat sessions as well.
- Exfoliate Twice Per Week. Exfoliating your face can work wonders by removing dead skin cells and revealing the fresh layers beneath. Of course, you can overdo it. Try and exfoliate twice per week as you age.
- Use A Proven Anti-Aging Line. The market is saturated with “miracle products”. To really combat aging, you need an all encompassing skincare line designed just for that. Try the Estala Anti Aging Line.
- Take Care Of Your Hands. You probably give the skin on your face plenty of TLC, but what about your hands? Without a targeted regimen to slow down the onset of dark spots and textural changes, hands can age a person faster than the face. Sun is the main culprit, so use SPF on your hands. At night, use your regular anti aging serum on any dry spots on your hand.
- Brighten Your Smile. Stained, yellowed teeth can add years to your face. To feel more confident about your smile, remove stains with whitening toothpaste, strips or trays.