Microneedling 101 - The Skincare Treatment You’ve Always Needed
Recently, a skincare treatment known as microneedling has gained popularity, and for good reason. It can be done at a clinic, however you can also perform microabrasion treatments right at home for a fraction of the cost.
What are the benefits of microneedling? There are a lot, so let’s get started!
1. Wrinkle-Reduction. Microneedling can help prevent premature skin aging by triggering elastin and collagen production, resulting in thicker, stronger skin. It can also enhance the absorption of your preferred topical products and enhance their effectiveness on your facial skin.
2. Reduction Of Scarring. This treatment has been shown to reduce the appearance of many types of scars. This includes common scar types such as acne and surgical ones. Scar tissue is made up of abnormal collagen formations, thus microneedling can help to break up the tissues and stimulate collagen.
3. Fine-Lines & Wrinkles. Thinning skin, facial wrinkles and sun damage are caused primarily by the loss of collagen and elastin. As microneedling stimulates these, it can help to greatly reduce these lines over time.
4. Hyperpigmentation & Dark Spots. This condition usually occurs due to sun exposure, acne or small wounds. Microneedling can help to alleviate these by shedding the top layer of skin and aiding the production of melanocyte.
5. Acne. Microneedling can lead to increased absorption of topical acne products, increasing their effectiveness. In order to prevent breakouts due to derma-rolling, be sure that your roller is clean and sanitized before use.
6. Easy & Affordable. The best thing about modern treatments, is that they can be done right at home using a dermaroller. To perform a treatment on yourself, follow these steps: First, sanitize the micro needle roller with isopropyl alcohol and wash your face thoroughly with warm water. Gently roll-over the desired area 4-8x vertically, horizontally and diagonally. Lastly, apply your favorite skincare product and rinse/sanitize the roller before storing it.
Introducing The Estala Derma Roller. We’ve worked to design the most-effective, easy to use derma roller possible. We’re proud to announce that they’re finally finished and ready to be used. Achieve that glowing, youthful skin that you desire with our Derma Roller.