Bathing induces feelings of comfort and ease, and that kind of security allows your mind, and subsequently your body, to relax. Today we’re going to share how bathing can elevate your health.
1. Better Sleep. A warm bath before bed can yield amazing results. At night our body temperatures naturally drop, which signals the production of melatonin—or the sleeping hormone. Soaking in a warm bath will raise your body temperature, and exiting will more rapidly cool it down, thus instigating the production of melatonin, and better preparing you for sleep.
2. Reduce Muscle Pain. Heat will get your blood moving, which is not only great for circulation (more on that later) but can also help sore or tight muscles to relax. The addition of epsom salts in your warm bath has been proven to help reduce inflammation in your joints caused by arthritis or other muscular diseases.
3. Heart Health. Taking a regular warm bath can help reduce blood pressure. This is significant because reduced blood pressure could help in preventing more serious heart conditions, like heart attack or stroke. By using heat to induce better blood flow and circulation, you're giving your a body a mini-workout.
4. Relieve Cold & Flu Symptoms. Steam from a hot bath works wonders for stuffy noses and bad coughs. Congestion is caused by inflammation in your nasal passages, and steam gets the blood vessels in your face and nose moving, thus loosening any mucus blockage. A temperate bath can also help to boost your immune system.
5. Help With Skin Irritation. While scalding baths can make your skin more irritated, a warm bath—in combination with certain essential oils, like coconut, olive, or lavender, and also oatmeal—can better hydrate and heal dry or irritated skin. Plus, aromatherapy is great for regulating your mood or reducing stress.
To make the most of your bath, be sure to use our Bamboo Bathtub Caddy Tray. It adds class to your bath while keeping your books & electronics dry. It even holds a wine glass and your accessories securely, allowing you to relax more easily.