5 Reasons Why Your Skin Might Be Freaking Out
Just like good hair days, good skin days can add both confidence to your walk and perkiness to your mood. However, sometimes without warning, your skin can randomly switch gears into total freak-out mode, providing you with painful pimples, itchy rashes, or just generally spotty skin.
Thankfully, your skin being the reactive tissue that it is, most likely has a specific cause for the sudden freak-out, meaning it’s possible to get rid of it just as quickly as it appeared.
Here are 5 possible causes to look out for, and what to do about it:
- Harsh Products. Products that are too tough can strip your skin of its natural oils, causing dryness, redness and flakes. Consider switching up your regimen if your skin has become dry or irritated.
- Stress. That’s right, it’s extremely common for an under-the-skin pimple to appear right before a big event or stressful time. Apply a good spot treatment like our Acne Stop Cream to handle it overnight.
- Seasonal Changes. Very dry skin can sometimes lead to severely inflamed skin, worsening issues such as acne and eczema. Luckily, the solution is simple—increase your use of moisturizers.
- Poor Diet & Sleep Schedule. Emotional stress isn’t the only thing that can rev up stress hormones and cause breakouts; poor sleep and diet can have the same reaction within the body. Stress Hormones become elevated when you are experiencing psychological stress, not sleeping well, or even with a poor diet. The solution is to exercise regularly, clean up your diet and follow a healthy sleep schedule.
- Sweat + Skincare Products. Sudden breakouts on the face, chest and back can be related to sweat. Sweat can mix with ingredients in makeup, sunscreen and moisturizers, forming firm buildup in the pores, causing rashes and acne breakouts. To prevent this, simply wash off sweat as soon as possible and avoid excess moisturizers on skin prior to working out.
For an acne treatment that works, take a look at our Complete Acne Regimen.