Our skin reflects our daily habits, so it's important to make sure you’re treating it well. You can spend a lot of money on skin care products and cosmetics, but if you’re missing out on these important and healthy habits, you’re just spending a lot of fortune for nothing.
A good skin care routine can be very helpful but these 5 habits can do a lot of wonders to your skin too.
- Stay Hydrated. Drinking lots of water don't only help in keeping your skin hydrated but in our overall health. Well hydrated skin appears to be clearer with little to no visible pores, while skin that lacks hydration appears to be dry and flaky. Its best to drink water compare to juices, coffee, and other sweetened drinks as it is free of calories so it can be helpful in maintaining a healthy weight too. For additional help, use our Cell Repair Serum to give your skin a burst of intense and lasting hydration.
- Eat Healthily. You have actually heard about this everywhere, but that is because there’s no other way to take care of your skin but to take care of your health. A balanced and a healthy diet can absolutely help to maintain healthy skin since a properly nourished body gives a more radiant complexion. So you should start including healthy foods in your diet as part of your skincare routine. Fruits and vegetables that are rich in Vitamin C can the skin to fight the harmful effects of free radicals because of its antioxidant traits. Other nutrients that your skin needs too are A, E, and K, selenium, omega-3, zinc, and monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats (good fats).
- Beauty Sleep. No questions asked, getting enough sleep should be an important part of your skincare routine. When we sleep, the cells in our body regenerates and repairs the damaged cells. If you skip this process, your skin will hardly regenerate causing some negative changes in your skin like aging and breakouts. So be sure to make it a habit to get yourself some good beauty sleep to maintain healthy, glowing skin. You can apply our Luminescence Skin Lighting Cream that helps to get rid of hyperpigmentation and dark spots for youthful and even skin while you’re having a shut eye.
- Don’t Smoke. There is no doubt that smoking makes your skin look older and can add to wrinkle formation. It also damages collagen and elastin, which we have discussed on our previous blogs, as an important nutrient in our skins’ and elasticity. Plus, and a very big factor why you shouldn't be smoking is, it increases the risk of cell skin cancer.
- Manage Stress. Stress is a big contributing factor why you're experiencing acne breakouts and other skin problems such as aging. Self-care is as important as skin care and it has a big relationship that manifests effects onto your skin’s appearance. Stress also makes you feel hungry that can result in eating sugary and fatty foods which are not only bad for your skin but to your whole health as well. Prevent these negative effects by making time to de-stress and do the things you love doing. Listen to your favorite music, try aromatherapy or yoga, or go to the gym or a spa to beat your stress. You can also de-stress by giving yourself an at-home spa, try our Acne-Stop Facial Mask which leaves skin feeling fresh, hydrated, and smooth while fighting acne.
Always remember that beautiful skin begins with a good and healthy skincare routine. Hope you start doing and adding these 5 Habits to Maintain a Healthy Skin into your skin care routine today!