10 Best Ways To Relax This Summer
Students are getting out of school, family vacations, beach outings, BBQs and many other fun summer activities we all love to do are about to be in full swing. Although many of us work during the summer, it's also a time where we should relax and enjoy the season.
Learning to really unwind and unplug will help us become happier and more balanced, and recharge our physical and spiritual batteries.
Here are the 10 Best Ways To Relax This Summer:
1. Spend Time Outdoors. When we spend quality time in nature, it naturally calms us and leaves us with a feeling of inner peace. The bonus is natural sunlight, which gives us our vitamin D – great for the bones and a mood booster.
2. Start A New Fitness Program. Go hiking, biking or start a new spin class. Whatever you choose, make sure it’s something new and adventurous! Be sure to bring a friend or two along with you.
3. Enjoy More Time With Family & Friends. In summer, the days are longer. Try scheduling out family fun nights or date nights.
4. Stargaze. This may sound cheesy at first, but just laying on a blanket in your backyard or in the mountains and looking up at the stars is the perfect summer evening activity! Just don’t forget the bug spray.
5. Unplug From Technology. We live in a world dominated by electronics. Cell phones, TV, computers etc. Try and schedule these things out during summer, such as only checking your emails once a day. Or head to the beach and leave your phone at home. Remember all the fun things you used to do before technology was so popular?
6. Take A Mini Road Trip. Think of your favorite small town or natural attraction that’s a few hours away. Pack a few friends in the car, crank up the radio and head out! This can be a simple day trip or an overnight stay. Either way, enjoy it and appreciate all the little things along the way.
7. Visit An Old Friend. Summer is the best time of year to call up that long lost friend from high school. Give them a call, meet up at a local restaurant or coffee shop and get to know each other again. Reconnecting with a deep and insightful conversation is one of the most relaxing things you can do.
8. Volunteer. There is no better feeling than helping out a local charity. Consider animal shelters, church groups and environmental non-profits. Even if it’s just a few days this summer, dedicate some time to giving back to a cause that you believe in.
9. Read That Book. We all have that one book that we have thought about reading. Sit down by the pool and enjoy it. No one has ever regretted reading a good book.
10. Take Time For You. Summer is all about friends, family and adventures. But it can get stressful. Ensure you set aside some “me time” each week. Try painting your nails a bright new color! Use our LED Nail Dryer to make things quick and easy.